Orange Background

Friday, May 1, 2009

You're So Vain You Probably Think This Post is About You

You walked into my life like you were walking onto a yacht....I hate how you show off for all of your friends. I hate how you pretend not to care about big things. I hate how everything works out perfectly for you. I hate how you hang on so tight and let go so easily all at the same time. I hate how you're right even when you're not. I hate not calling you right away when I have big news, or a funny joke, or a great quote. I hate how you make me mad and then make me laugh so I'm never really mad at you for longer than a minute. I hate looking you in the eye because I'm scared you can see how I don't really hate you at all. I hate how sometimes you understand me better than anyone and other times you don't get me at all. I miss talking with our noses touching. I miss the intimate warmth of whispers, feeling your breath on my neck and cheek as you mumble in my ear. I miss falling asleep with your scent stuck in my hair and you stuck in my head. I miss piggy-back rides and craning my neck to look you in the eyes when we're standing close, but never close enough. I miss the butterflies of holding your hand and the simultaneous sensations of nervousness, security, and chemistry that came when you wrapped your arms around me. I miss feeling like I had a special back stage pass into the secret parts of your life. I miss hating you and I hate missing you. And, like the song says, if Gidget says she hates you it can also mean she loves you. So maybe I also mean that I love all those things about you and I love missing all those things which might be why, despite my best efforts, I can't stop.....You gave away the things you loved and one of them was me....you probably think this post is about you...Don't you? Don't you?

1 comment:

  1. So... three people have been suggested so far... and it hasn't been any of them... i love social experiments :)

    ReplyDelete