After a few years of resisting skinny jeans and blogging I have given in to both. I'm not quite sure what I will and will NOT talk about, but I guess that's part of the adventure. Gidget means "Girl Midget." It's a nickname I got from my mom who got it from an old movie in which Sandra Dee plays a short, blonde, tomboy--just like me.
Orange Background
Sunday, April 26, 2009
My Emily
I was hoping I would have the pictures of our little outing the other night to put with this, but not yet. Anyway, Emily headed back to Orlando the other day and we're not sure when we'll see each other next, so we had a little girls' night out in true emilymel style. (You know how I like it haha!) After a typically strange almost-encounter that only the two of us could experience while eating sandwiches and watching the Celtics game, we headed off for gelato which is never EVER quite as good as it is in Italy (sigh). Then I used my GAP magic to help Emily pack her clothes while we ate chocolate and watched an old movie. It was a very emilymel kind of night. What you don't know, Emily dear, is that I cried the whole way back to my apartment because I walked down your stairs and already missed you sooooo much! "Mi Mancherai" kept playing through my head and I thought of the times we've watched Il Postino together. We have so many wonderful memories--Coconut Roller Craze; Martinelli's and AudreyHepburn movies on your bed in the dorms; taking less-than thrilled, uncultured boyfriends to Diwali; making candy; cleaning Fabry; locked doors (you knwo which one I mean); etc. There have been some hard times when we've been there for eachother too. You have always been there with a listening ear, a big hug, chocolate, and an old movie when I've needed you. I miss you already Emily. Who else can I have spontaneous song-bustion with? Who else knows what I mean when I talk about the Eutruscan? Who else would put up with all my guy drama? Emily, you are one of the smartest women I know. You have been blessed with the gift of tongues--truly, you have! You care so much about the world and have an incredible desire to make it better without being one of those crazy hippies! You are always there with something sensible to say. You take forever to do everything which has helped me slow down and breath and that is more precious to me than you know. You laugh at my puns--sincerely laugh at my puns! NO ONE DOES THAT! Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you for being wonderful you. I thank God almost every day that out of the Brooke mess of freshman year I got the best girlfriend I've ever had. I hate not knowing when I'll see you again, but I know I will see you again. This is the kind of friendship that has already lasted through countless men on both sides, intercontinental communication, and competitive Disney Scene-It. Mi manchi amica mia! Ti voglio molto molto bene!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment