Orange Background

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Few Conference One-Liners

Ok so I was scribbling in my journal as fast as I could, but some of these might be just a tad off. Please forgive me, you'll get the idea. It's so hard to pick favorites but here are a few lines I just had to think about again right now and typing them in here makes them feel like they'll sink in better.

"The future is as bright as your faith" President Monson

"Discipleship is not spectator sport." President Uchtdorf

"You can't be a life saver if you look like all the other swimmers on the beach" Elder Oaks

"You are NEVER lost when you can see the temple." Elder Stevenson

(Speaking of Judas) "Never has so little money bought so much infamy." Elder Holland

"The Lord will shape the back to fit the burden." President Monson

"We do not acquire eternal life in a sprint. This is a race of endurance." President Uchtdorf

"You can have a happy life in the would of toil and strife if there's sunshine in your heart." I never noticed that line of the song before

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love" Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment