Orange Background

Friday, June 19, 2009

Long Time No See

So, for various reasons, I haven't been writing anything on here in weeks. I've been writing, but I haven't been blogging. I had dreams of a triumphant, enlightening come back to christen my new background.

Dream shattered.

I've got nothing.

I'm wide awake in my room hula hooping because it helps me think. I'm 23 and a hula hoop is a major part of my life. Sad. Or not. It could be some grand poetic statement about how the simple things that brought us joy in our childhood should not be forgotten. Or I could be less like a 23-year-old and more like 3-year-old. Either way, that's what I've been doing in the wee small hours of the morning the last few days--hula hooping and thinking. It's been mostly good thoughts. Happy thoughts. I've felt free, triumphant, empowered, and excited. But I've also felt slightly misinterpreted and a little disrespected. Gotta take the good with the bad. People won't always understand you, but if you know that you've thought your actions through and had good reasons for them, there's no need to let them pop your bubble. Speaking of bubbles... that would go along brilliantly with my hula hoop. Guess I need to add it to the shopping list with the super-soaker.

2 comments: