Orange Background

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daddy

I've been thinking a lot about my Daddy lately. It happens in March. My dad served a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ireland, so St. Patrick's Day is kinda a big deal in our family. When I think of my dad I think of generosity. My dad's favorite hymn is "Because I Have Been Given Much." For anyone who's not familiar, the basic gist of the hymn is that the speaker has been so blessed by the Lord that he feels the need to share everything he can with others--both physically and spiritually. Whenever I hear that hymn I think of my dad and I tear up. My dad is still alive and I talk to him frequently, so I can only imagine how much the waterworks will turn on when he dies one day. My dad is so willing to give to everyone, especially to me. He is the one I call when I need to hear words of encouragement and to know that I am loved. Daddy makes me feel special. He makes me how much he loves me and, as the song says, he shares the love he feels from the Lord with me through "word and deed." My daddy is a wonderful example of showing gratitude to the Lord by sharing what he has been given. The thing my dad shares most with everyone is his precious time. I'm so glad and grateful that he always has time for me. Thank you for always taking the time to make me feel safe, hopeful, pretty, and loved. I'm so proud to call you "Daddy." I have been given so much because I have you for a father and I hope that I can remember the things I've learned from you and be even half as generous with the people I interact with and my children. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment